Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

DVD Review: CAMP DREAD (2014)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2419354/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1CAMP DREAD
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Image Entertainment

  I really like Eric Roberts.  I really, really like Danielle Harris.  I really like slasher flicks.  I really, really like slasher flicks set at summer camps.   CAMP DREAD contains all of the above, yet for some reason, this film just didn't work for me.   Here is the basic plot of the film from the Image Entertainment website:

The “Summer Camp” horror trilogy was one of the most popular movie franchises of the 1980s. However, the decade ended and so did director Julian Barrett’s career. Now Barrett plans to resurrect his gory series via a modern reboot patterned after reality filmmaking. With his former leading lady and an eclectic group of 10 young “contestants,” Barrett returns to the same locale where his old splatter-fests were filmed. When one of the campers is found savagely murdered, they discover there’s more at stake than just fame and fortune. Each of them is in a fight for their lives as they realize summer is over – forever.

  CAMP DREAD had some good moments.  The film had some good kill scenes with some good gore.  The main problem is the pacing of the film and the dialog.  The film is very slow in parts, especially the first half of the film.  The second half is better when all the killings start taking place, but the beginning and middle parts seemed to drag on.  The script was good in terms of story line, but some of the dialog was just goofy and some was flat out dumb.   I do have to give props to the ending though, as it had a nice plot twist when it was revealed why all the "kids" were really at the camp.

 There is not much else I can really say about this one.  I was really excited for this film, and it was a let down for me.  It was nice to see Felissa Rose  back in a summer camp slasher flick for old time's sake, though!  Also, while Danielle Harris is very prominent on the DVD cover, she makes a cameo appearance with a total of about 2- 3 minutes of screen time  (that is my estimation, anyway).  One of my pet peeves is when movies bill a certain actor or actress as a main actor, then you find out they are only in the film briefly.

  Well, as I always say, this is just my opinion of the film.  Hopefully you all will like it better.  Watch it if you get the chance and let me know what you think.  If you have already seen CAMP DREAD, leave a comment below and let me know what you thought of it.

CAMP DREAD is available now on DVD.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

http://www.image-entertainment.com/

1 comment:

  1. I have a great fun reading your blogs.Thank you for making this beautiful and awesome blogs. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Please dont forget to visit me in my site @ www.imarksweb.org. Thank you.


    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete