Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Friday the 13th!!













  I hope you all are having a great Friday the 13th!  If you're reading this, you have survived it so far!  I hope you all have a great night, hopefully filled with a FRIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE marathon!!

  I've seen a lot of sites ask about picking your favorite F13TH film, but I'm curious as to what your LEAST favorite of the F13TH film series is!  Mine would probably be JASON GOES TO HELL, followed closely by part VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN.   I haven't seen either of these in years, but I remember not caring for them much at the time.  Maybe I need to revisit them and see if I can garner some appreciate for them now.

  So which of the F13TH films do you dislike the most?   Leave a comment and discuss!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hayes! I know I'm a few days late but yeah - without a doubt it's gotta be F13 VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. I remember seeing that monster dog in the theater (at the height of my mid-teen horror movie franchise infatuation where Jason Voorhees could do no wrong) and even then - sheesh! What a stinker! Say what you want about the boat scenes being too long or the fact that JV really doesn't kill anyone once he gets to NYC - it was the utterly ridiculous toxic waste in the sewer plot point that was the real undoing. THAT was the best they could do?!?! How that made it into the final script (written by adults I'm assuming) is absolutely beyond me - and this is coming from someone who was 15 when I first saw it and by BS-meter immediately went off even way back then!!! You should watch the DVD with commentary by the director Rob Hedden (name?) - he really struggles to try and defend his little piece of trash - to no avail. I'm a huge fan of so-bad-they're-good flicks but Part 8 fails on absolutely every level. Makes Jason X look like a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I agree Winston! I haven't seen JTM in years...I need to go back and watch it with the commentary...that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete