Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

DVD Review: PIECES OF TALENT


http://piecesoftalent.com/PIECES OF TALENT
Written by  and 
Directed by 
Distributed by Shutter Blade Media

  Let me start by saying that PIECES OF TALENT is one of, if not the best film I have seen this year.  I have seen mixed opinions about the film on facebook, so I went into this not really knowing what to expect.  What I got was one of the most original, well made horror films I have seen in a long time.   Here is the basic plot of the film from the film's imdb page:

  This story centers around Charlotte, a struggling young actress who can't catch a break. In an effort to support herself and her hopeless mother, Charlotte holds a job as a cocktail waitress at a seedy, local strip club and hates every minute of it. During a cigarette break late one evening she witnesses an altercation between an overzealous bouncer and an unfortunate passerby, David. David makes movies and given Charlotte's career interests a friendship quickly develops. Soon enough, David mentions a project he has in the works that she would be perfect for and an excited Charlotte agrees to take part. She has no idea what she has signed up for.

  This film had me from the very opening scene.  Not very often does a film open with such a gruesome scene.  It set the tone perfectly for what was to come over the next hour and a half.  The film started off with a bang, and never slowed down.  I was captivated the entire time.  The film is shot beautifully and was both well directed and well acted.  I thought the main actors David Long   and Kristi Ray  did a remarkable job in their roles.   Mr. Long was perfectly cast and played the part of a nice guy with a dark secret to perfection.    The gore effects in this film were amazing as well, and kudos to the filmmakers for using all practical effects instead of CGI.

  I haven't seen a new horror movie I have enjoyed like this in a long time.  Hopefully everyone will get on board and check out this amazing film that is sure to be a cult classic for the upcoming generations.   I kid you not, it was that good!   This was director Joe Stauffer's first feature length film according to his imdb page.  If that is case, he has already set the standard for his future films extremely high!  I can't wait to see what the future holds in terms of future releases from Mr. Stauffer.  I can easily see the beginnings of a new master of horror in the making!

  Now, before you do anything else, watch the trailer and then go order a DVD so you can see this film for yourself.  You will not be disappointed!   If you have already seen this film, leave a comment and  let us know what your thoughts on it are.  


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD, a limited edition VHS, or a digital screening link of the film



No comments:

Post a Comment