Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

DVD Review: BIG DRIVER (2014)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3831810/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1BIG DRIVER
Directed by
Distributed by Lionsgate

 Here is another film I had never heard of before it arrived on my doorstep for review.   The first thing I noticed was the description on the cover that said "From a story by Stephen King".  I was immediately intrigued and then was even more so after reading the plot synopsis.    Here is the basic plot of the film from the Lionsgate website:

  From best-selling author Stephen King comes BIG DRIVER, starring Maria Bello, Olympia Dukakis, Joan Jett, and Will Harris. Tess Thorne, a famous writer, faces a long drive home following a book signing. On a lonely New England road, her tire blows out, leaving her stranded. Relieved when another driver stops and offers assistance, Tess quickly discovers her savior is actually a serial killer who assaults her. Left for dead, Tess escapes, determined to find her attacker and seek revenge...

  I love rape-revenge films.  I always have, ever since I watched THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT and I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE years ago.  I love seeing the bad guys get what's coming to them, so when I read that this was a rape-revenge film, I was really looking forward to checking it out.  I am glad to say that this film did not disappoint!  In fact, I am really surprised I haven't heard more buzz about this film. 

  First off, the acting in the film was excellent.  There was  not a bad performance in the entire film, which is always a bonus.  Maria Bello does a remarkable job as the main character and was a perfect choice for the roll.  

  The film was shot very well and was paced extremely well.  Clocking in right at 90 minutes, the film was the perfect length that never had much of a dull or slow moment.  The film kept me entertained the entire running time.

  Another great thing about this film, is that not only was  it rape-revenge style horror film, it also had a very interesting and unique twist to it.   In the film, the main character in an author and throughout the film she is constantly seeing and conversing with characters from the books she has written.   This really come into play as she is in the midst of her revenge sequence.  This gave the film an almost supernatural/psychological feel to it.

  BIG DRIVER was a big hit in my book.   I would highly recommend this one to anyone looking for a fresh, new take on the rape-revenge sub-genre of horror films.  The film is available now on DVD from Lionsgate Home Entertainment.


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


http://www.lionsgate.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment