Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, April 21, 2016

DVD Review: SILENT RETREAT (2016)


http://midnightreleasing.com/silent-retreat/SILENT RETREAT
Directed by
Distributed by Midnight Releasing

  I had never heard of this film when it arrived in my mailbox for review.  I honestly didn't expect much going into it, and I am happy to say that this film was a very pleasant surprise for me.  I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was.  Here is the basic plot from the Midnight Releasing website:

  Six members of a media company go on a weekend business retreat at an isolated lodge in the woods. When one of the members goes missing, they discover that the lodge was formerly a private mental institution. One by one, they fall victim to the dark secrets buried at the lodge.

  I'll be honest, I think why I wasn't expecting much out of this film was from that plot synopsis. I felt like this was going to be just another generic people get killed one by one type of film that we have all seen many times before.   It turns out, this film is so much smarter than that.  The film is full of dark humor and some great kills, including a horrifying bear trap incident!    The film also contains a very engaging story line and includes a great plot twist that had me second guessing the entire film I had seen up to that point. 

Another thing worth noting here is the acting, which I thought was very good from everyone involved.   This is a great, fun film that I would recommend for sure!  

  SILENT RETREAT is out now on DVD and contains the following special features:

*  Interviews
*  Trailer
*  Slideshow
*  Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Ace Jordan and Associate Producer Colin Carey


CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


http://midnightreleasing.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment